Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff and all Arizona communities
Kitchens are by far the most dangerous rooms of the average home. They house a number of powerful electrical appliances, sharp tools, hot surfaces, and bacteria. Because of this, you should always be sure to exercise caution when working in a kitchen. Most of the time, this means utilizing simple common sense. However, in certain situations, such as when children are present, extra precautions must be taken.
Protect Yourself from Kitchen Risks
While cooking or baking, there are several easy steps that you can take to help shield you, your family, and your guests against the many dangers of an unsafe kitchen environment:
- Turn off the stove and oven when not in use
- Unplug all appliances that are not in use
- Keep your sink, surfaces, and sponges clean
- Turn all pot and pan handles inward when on a hot stove
- Don’t wear loose clothing and keep your hair tied back
- Keep all knives and dangerous utensils out of reach of young children
- Always provide adequate supervision of any children in the kitchen area
- Keep the kitchen sanitary and clean
- Keep a working fire extinguisher on hand in the kitchen
By taking these protective steps, you can safeguard your family and your guests against the dangers of food poisoning, cuts and lacerations, burns, and fires.