The Warning Signs of Elder Abuse
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff and all Arizona communities
When you entrust someone with the care of your elderly loved one, you do so with the expectation that he or she will care for your loved one and provide respect and attention. Sadly, this is not always the case. Elder abuse is a tragic problem that has endangered the lives of thousands of individuals of the elderly population.
If you believe your loved one has been the victim of elder abuse, the Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff elder abuse attorneys Miller, Pitt, Feldman & McAnally, P.C can help. Contact our offices today for more information and to speak with one of our compassionate attorneys.
Recognizing Elder Abuse
The following are a few signs that your loved one could be suffering abuse or mistreatment at the hands of a negligent caregiver:
- Frequent arguments between the caregiver and the elderly individual
- Changes in personality or behavior in the elder
- Unexplained welts, bruises, scars or other injuries
- Torn, stained or bloody clothing
- Significant withdrawals from the elder’s bank account
- Unpaid bills or lack of medical care
- Unusual weight loss, malnutrition, or dehydration
- Unsanitary living conditions