Dangerous Products and Defective Products
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Tucson, Phoenix, Flagstaff and all Arizona cities and communities
Product liability is the legal concept that holds companies responsible for the safety of the products they put on the market. When you purchase any kind of product, you should be able to assume it will be reasonably safe when used correctly. Unfortunately, as you may know from experience, this is not always a safe assumption.
Arizona is one of many states that observe the legal principle of strict liability. All manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe. That duty exists even in the absence of any kind of contract or promise of safety. If a product injures a person who was using it reasonably, the company that made it can be held responsible. Contact our experienced Tucson and Phoenix product liability attorneys to discuss your legal options.
How We Can Help
Our Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff dangerous products lawyers are ready to help you with:
- Faulty Pharmaceutical Products
- Stryker hip implants
- Depuy Johnson & Johnson hip implants
- Zimmer Durom cups for hip implants
- Medtronic pain pumps
- Insulin pumps
- Pain pumps
- Knee replacements
- Rollover stability
- Tire detreads
- Bus and Semi-Truck Accidents
- Food Products and Containers
- Dangerous Childcare Products and Toys
- Car Seats
- Motorcycles and All-Terrain Vehicles (ATVs)
- Other Products
- Stop Sticks
- Construction Equipment, Backhoe Loaders, Forklifts and Cranes
- Propane and Natural Gas Accidents
Strict Liability and Defective Products
Arizona is one of many states that observe the legal principle of strict liability. This means that all manufacturers have a duty to ensure their products are safe. This duty exists even in the absence of any kind of contract or promise of safety.
If a product injures a client who was using it correctly or reasonably, the company that produced it can be held responsible for related expenses. The plaintiff does not have to show that the company was willingly negligent in any way. However, this does not mean a successful lawsuit is easy.
To win compensation, the plaintiff needs to show that:
- The product had a manufacturing or design flaw
- This flaw directly caused the plaintiff’s injuries
- The plaintiff was not using the product in a reckless or unreasonable way
This is not always an easy task. Fortunately, an experienced Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff product liability lawyer will know the kind of evidence required to win a case.